Introduction


Hey. I'm amazed you've stopped to take a peak! I'm sorry to say that my blog is full of negative, atrociously positive, philosophical, or otherwise stupid posts concerning my thoughts, feelings, and every day life. But what the hell! If you think it's great, then I think you're great. Got it?

Jul 9, 2011

Making Good Use of my Summer

I believe Harry Potter 7 part 2 is coming out in a week. You don't know how excited I am. I also recall finishing Chapter 29 of my novel with 97,000 words. These are the little things that make my summer exciting. Yes, I don't mind summer ending and school coming around, but I like to feel these moments of enthrallment when nothing really matters except my accomplishments and the silly amusement of film entertainment. What I love most about the extra time I have every day, is that I can let my imagination loose. Recently I've bought a sketch pad. I decided that sketch pad is used for sketches. Those sketches would mostly center around my Novel, because it's a way to calm my excitement and express the antsy feelings through image when I can't express it in my writing. I describe the feelings as antsy, because they itch under your skin and never go away, but I never said I didn't like the feeling. The fact that I'm still obsessed over my story means something. It means I won't give up on it, and it means I can take it to a whole new level. It means my creativity won't end abruptly.

I feel as though I haven't described those feelings very well. Let me try again. I have two characters in my novel; Alyshia and Krayden. Now, their relationship has been slowly building throughout the chapters. I don't want to put a butt-load of romance and make everyone sick of my book, because I know I would get sick of writing it. However, as a girl, I enjoy romance and I like to see a relationship work out. That's what I desperately wish for my characters, but I have to keep their relationship on the edge; able to break at a moment's notice, just to keep the reader's on the edge of their seats while there's a war going on. Because I want Alyshia and Krayden to just have at it and kiss throughout their entire relationship, I let out those feelings. Not through my book, but through other methods. Sometimes I draw scenes of them together from my novel, other times I just role-play on goodreads with the characters. Other times I just listen to music and try to pick out the perfect love song for them. However, it's not only romance. Sometimes I get restless when I can't fully release my violent feelings from my system through writing. (Not often, because I have quite a few battle scenes in my book...) So I find other methods of releasing it through the artsy ways, just so I can have it with me forever if I wanted to.

That describes the antsy feelings I love to feel. That is part of the reason why my walls are covered with everything I can think of. Pictures, drawings, posters, decorations. I have a wall I plan on dedicating to my writing and imagination; to all my characters and plots and settings and dialogue. I might sound a little obsessive, but I'm taking up this free time I have now to do things I may not be able to do when school starts. I might be able to finish the first draft of my novel this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'm sure you all want to keep reading about my awesome life.