Introduction


Hey. I'm amazed you've stopped to take a peak! I'm sorry to say that my blog is full of negative, atrociously positive, philosophical, or otherwise stupid posts concerning my thoughts, feelings, and every day life. But what the hell! If you think it's great, then I think you're great. Got it?

Sep 13, 2011

My Goal Pyramid

I'm turning my dreams into goals. Sometimes, though, you wish for something big. Something hard to get. Like a lifetime accomplisment or your dream career. I was overwhelmed when the counselors started talking college and so I took to my own way. An inverted Pyramid, expressing my main goal at the top and most important, and the goals I make to get to that goal.

Tell The World My Opinion: I want my voice to be heard by anyone out there willing to listen. Not my friends or parents. I want to make a different through what I say and how the world understands me. The only way I can really think to do that is achieving a smaller, but just as important goal.

Best-Selling Author and Journalist: This has always been my dream since I found out I could write. Journalism is just something that is fun, another way to express my opinion, and a career I wouldn't mind participating in. It's a way to make myself known and a way to make myself heard. I can't get here though, until another goal is accomplished.

Northwestern University in Chicago: To get a bachelors in Journalism here would be amazing! Maybe even a master's degree. I won't go here until I go somewhere else first.

Utah State University: I plan to get my master's degree in English (Literature, Creative Writing, etc). That way I'll have experience and know what I'm doing to become a best selling author. To get here, I have to go somewhere before this college.

Utah Valley University:  Where I can knock out my required courses and AP and Concurrent Enrollment quickly while I stay with the parents and keep my job wherever it may be then. How do I do UVU?

Graduate High School: It's a major goal for everyone else I know. It's the only way I know to get where I want to go, and the only way to be even a little bit successful in life if my goals aren't attained.

College Credit Classes: Basically I want to take as much college credit classes as I can while I'm in high school so cost is reduced and I won't be wasting too much time before I get to Utah State.

Save 10-20% of Income for college: Even five percent of your money goes a long way and adds up. I want to save as much I can, and still get by for everything else I may have to buy, like gas and clothes and car. It would also go towards Credit classes in case I have to pay.

Job: To get to the saving aspect of my life, I need a income first, and that means a job. I'll start off at Sensuous Sandwich. But before I get a job, what would I do?

Write: It's the only productive thing I know how to do beore I get a job. I'm not complaining. It's good practice.

Be Myself: And even before I write, I have to accept myself for who I am. If I don't, that opinon I want to share with the world will be empty, and possibly thought better of. It may never get out. I have a chance to be myself, before all of this, and that's what I'll do until I'm sixteen.

Except that these aren't the only goals I will/am focusing on. No. I want to marry and get my dream truck, and my liscense this year and see Joey and possibly have a maximum of two kids and I want desperately to Travel with Almond. I won't let these dreams go either. I'll achieve them through hard work and honesty. I'm determined.

How about you? Do you have goals to accomplish a goal? I suggest you get one if you don't, because it's amazing where baby-steps will get you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'm sure you all want to keep reading about my awesome life.