Introduction


Hey. I'm amazed you've stopped to take a peak! I'm sorry to say that my blog is full of negative, atrociously positive, philosophical, or otherwise stupid posts concerning my thoughts, feelings, and every day life. But what the hell! If you think it's great, then I think you're great. Got it?

Sep 7, 2011

Why Don't They Understand?

 How many times do you look at them
And see their childish eyes?
How many times do you listen
And hear their complaints run dry?

Maybe it's for the better
Maybe it's the only way to go.
You can't contain that need to help
That need to tell them all how.


I understand it all,
the way the world works.
You look at your neighbor
and wonder.
Do they really understand?

They're wrapped up in their own little worlds
They won't see the path ahead.
They're focused on that rumor
that joke.
That F.
All they can really see is that obstacle in their path.

I understand it all,
the way the world works.
You look at your neighbor
and wonder.
How does it really work?

Several times they'll ask a question
You'll think it's dumb.
Don't you understand?
The answer is seven, that's it.
You either get it, or you don't.

How many times have they turned
and asked you to eat with them
and you really didn't want to?
Why do they push you to eat?

You can take care of yourself.
You have your own problems to worry about.
Yet they want to know why
when
how
where
who.
But you want to be alone.

I understand it all
The way the world works.
I can look at them and say
Hey look.
It really does work.

There's a reason why they don't understand.
There's a reason why they don't try hard.
This world is content for them.
Their minds are closed.
I am one in a million, waiting for someone else
to realize that they have a bigger world
to explore as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'm sure you all want to keep reading about my awesome life.