Introduction


Hey. I'm amazed you've stopped to take a peak! I'm sorry to say that my blog is full of negative, atrociously positive, philosophical, or otherwise stupid posts concerning my thoughts, feelings, and every day life. But what the hell! If you think it's great, then I think you're great. Got it?

Mar 6, 2011

More Packing...

I guess I have finally accepted that we're  moving. Yesterday was Saturday. And yesterday I helped my brothers organize and clean their room. I picked up every scrap of garbage and threw away toys that really didn't matter anymore. It was really frustrating, because only Eric would help me while the other two boys (It wasn't Tyler's room, so he didn't count, except that he was being a VERY big distraction) idled and played with toys we put in different  boxes. I told them to help me because it's pertinent that we clean and pack, but no. The boys were all grouchy and didn't want to help. So I ended up doing pretty much all of their room. I went to every corner and crevice, picked up all the big pieces of garbage, and threw away a lot of their old, worn out, or stupid toys. Who has a shovel thing? I mean c'mon! Tyler wanted to keep it...whatever it did. Blah! Oh well, by the time I got it done, they had one Imaginext box and a half box of random toys and crap. Half a box! When two years ago, they had three full boxes! I'm so proud of them for letting go of so many things! I had to keep telling them over and over that if they really missed the toy, we'd buy a new one, but for now, we don't want to transport it all the way there. One time I even said, "Do you really want to transport a fifty cent toy between houses in the course of a month, only to find you won't play with it at all when we get there too?" The only toys they play with really are the legos, (Somewhat, that's Tyler mostly) the action figures, and any blocky thing they can use to make cities and buildings with. It's really cute, in a way, but at the same time, it's annoying because they transfer the entire downstairs family room into a mini-Greek world. I step on a lot of things down there. Blah. Anyway, so we ended up with one and a half boxes, plus personal items for each boy, and three-very-full bags of broken toys and garbage. I was really proud of myself, because technically, for the beginning of the month, the boys' room is checked off!

After the boys' room, me and my mom decided to go through the storage room, and so we cleaned out boxes that didn't have necessary things to keep, we went through the packed boxes, counted down unused boxes, and finally got around to sorting through packed clothing and Ryan's piles upon piles of clothing. All in all, it was a productive day, but not as productive as I wanted it to be. I wish I could do a lot more, but I'm lost without mom's input on things she wants to keep. So I can't go on to the office or the laundry room, because I need parental units. I mean, I wish mom would keep doing it, but she doesn't have very much energy anymore...not nearly as me. It frustrates me, because I can tell she envies my energy, and I want her to have some too, but at the same time, I don't want her complaining about a headache, or her neck hurting, or her feet hurting, or her fatigue flaring up. It's just so so so frustrating! I want her to keep going, like at train, but I can't ask for that, because that's too much to ask. There's just so much to do, so little weekends, and she still has to work full time. I hate it when she tells me that. "Mindy, I'm tired, and with me having a full time job, I do like to vedge with computer time." It just saddens me, because it makes me feel like I'm not doing anything and that I've got it easy. I don't. I'm always babysitting and taking care of the boys [even when she is home] and dealing with their yelling and screaming and fighting and punching and biting and annoyingness. You don't know how sick of them I am. I apologize, but I wish I was an only child. The messes wouldn't be as big in this house, and we wouldn't have to pack nearly as much. Bet you anything we would have a lot more money too, because we're not paying for their all consuming buffet here. Okay, so obviously the move is taking a toll on me. I'm stressed. Only 30 days, with mom working weeks, and mom and dad going out weekends. It's not going to work unless they stop going out for a at LEAST two weekends, and get packing more! I mean it, it's making me edgy the longer we wait. We still don't even have a house, and it's taking them forever to find a house. How long will my inner torment take place? They're torturing me. I mean it. Grah! This is just so frustrating...

Mindy

1 comment:

  1. I know you're frustrated. But one thing you need to remember is that we, your parents, have moved 12 times. We know what we are doing. We will have everything packed up in time and we will have a house. I know you want to have everything packed quickly, but some things can't be packed this early. We will have a lot of help from friends to get us packed and moved. Don't let this get to you too much. I appreciate all you do around the house. I really appreciate the babysitting you do. But when I'm home, let me handle the boys. You are not alone and you don't have to do everything yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I'm sure you all want to keep reading about my awesome life.